It was suggested to me by another lister that I should try to make my way through the 5000 Question Survey as part of my 101 Things challenge. I'm not going to do all 5000 at once, but 100 here and there when I remember. I'm not as interesting as you might think so please don't feel you need to read all of these answers. I'm just holding myself accountable here.
1. Who are you? Marsha - the Houston Bucket Lister
2. What are the 3 most important things everyone should know about you?
I am probably going to try to rope you into doing something crazy if you are around me too long. I love halloween and bizarre things. I have a disturbing sense of humor sometimes.
3. When you aren't filling out 5,000 question surveys like this one what are you doing?
Trying to complete my bucket lists, learning new languages (but never being fluent), reading, Facebooking, making more lists.
4. List your classes in school from the ones you like the most to the ones you like the least (or if you are out of school, think of the classes you did like and didn't like at the time).
English, Theater, History, Art, Science, EVERYTHING ELSE, then math
5. What is your biggest goal for this year?
Traveling to England and Paris
6. Where do you want to be in 5 years?
A foreign country
7. What stage of life are you in right now?
The middle part
8. Are you more child-like or childish?
Child like I think, though others may disagree
9. What is the last thing you said out loud?
See if there's any cheese in the fridge
10. What song comes closest to how you feel about your life right now?
Put it Behind You - Keane
11. Have you ever taken martial arts classes?
12. Does your life tend to get better or worse or does it just stay the same?
It's gotten a lot better and I hope it continues on this upward trend.
13. Does time really heal all wounds?
Nothing can completely heal all wounds. There will always be scars and pain. But time does make it more tolerable.
14. How do you handle a rainy day?
You have to make the best of it and find good things to do indoors
15. Which is worse...losing your luggage or having to sort out tangled holiday lights?
16. How is your relationship with your parents?
I see my Dad once a year. It's been rough in the past but I love him and he loves me. I haven't seen or talked to my mother in 7 1/2 years.
Will you miss them when they are gone?
I think so. I don't see them much now as it is, but I'll be sad when they're gone that things weren't ever better between us. I'll miss what could and should have been.
17. Do you tend to be aware of what is going on around you?
I'm not as observant as I should be.
18. What is the truest thing that you know?
Life is too short
19. What did you want to be when you grew up?
20. Have you ever been given a second chance?
Not that I can remember. In my experience, when people are done with me, they're done.
21. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
I like to think I am a giver.
22. Do you make your decisions with an open heart/mind?
Too much sometimes
23. What is the most physically painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Childbirth without any medications. Toothache. Brazilian wax :)
24. What is the most emotionally painful thing that has ever happened to you?
Being rejected by people I wanted to not be rejected by
25. Who have you hugged today?
My husband and most of my kids
26. Who has done something today to show they care about you?
My husband sends me random texts during the day that show me he cares
27. Do you have a lot to learn?
If I live to be 109 I will have a lot to learn
28. If you could learn how to do three things just by wishing and not by working what would they be?
A Speak 5 languages
B Travel the world
C Make non-romantic relationships work
29. Which do you remember the longest: what other people say, what other people do or how other people make you feel?
How people make me feel I suppose
30. What are the key ingredients to having a good relationship?
Trust, humor, love, respect, honesty
31. What 3 things do you want to do before you die?
A Finish the first third of my bucket list
B Finish the second third of my bucket list
C Finish the final third of my bucket list
32. What three things would you want to die to avoid doing?
A Losing my husband and children
B Causing harm to the greater good of society
C Change who I am because others want me to be different
33. Is there a cause you believe in more than any other cause?
34. What does each decade make you think of:
30's: My grandparents being born
50's: Stand by Me
80's: My childhood and all awesome things ever
90's: high school
2000 (so far): post 9/11
2010's: new friends like Kim, Sharon, Nicole etc
35. Which decade do you feel the most special connection to and why?
90's. I left school, got my first job, met my husband, got married, met my mother and siblings, had my first 3 children, lost my grandparents, and my son Qi was born in that year.
36. What is your favorite oldie/classic rock song?
Hallelujah, Good Day Sunshine, Imagine, Space Oddity
37. What country do you live in and who is the leader of that country?
If you could say any sentence to the current leader of your country what would it be?
I wish you had more power to stand up to the zillionaires that run the food, drug and health departments.
38. What's your favorite TV channel to watch in the middle of the night?
Nick - it plays Friends reruns
39. What Disney villain are you the most like and why?
I don't think I'm like any villain at all, but I'm going to say Maleficent because she's fierce. Angelina Jolie movie not taken into consideration.
40. Have you ever been a girl scout/boy scout?
41. If you were traveling to another continent would you rather fly or take a boat?
Whichever was more interesting.
42. Why is the sky blue during the day and black at night?
During the day it reflects the light from the earth and at night the sun is on the other side of the world so there is no sunlight
43. What does your name mean?
Brave and warlike ha
44. Would you rather explore the deeps of the ocean or outer space?
I'd love to do both, but I guess ocean if I have to pick
45. Word association
What is the first word that comes to mind when you see the word:
Magic: Cris Angel
Heart: These Dreams
Clash: Should I stay or should I go?
Pulp: Common people
46. If you could meet any person in the world who is dead who would you want it to be?
Jesus or The Buddha
47. What if you could meet anyone who is alive?
48. Is there a movie that you love so much you could watch it everyday?
Stand By Me and Titanic
49. You are going to be stuck alone in an elevator for a week. What do you bring to do?
my kindle, my phone, a phone charger, a kindle charger, and my friend Matt to fix the elevator for me.
50. Have you ever saved someone's life or had your life saved?
51. Make up a definition for the following silly words...
Fruitgoogle: A web search engine for fruitarians
Ambytime: Time to hang out with my friend Amber
Asscactus: Racistsand homophobes are asscactii
52. What was the last thing you made with your own hands?
I painted a picture last night
53. What was your favorite toy as a child?
Cabbage Patch Kids
54. How many TV’s are in your house?
55. What is your favorite thing to do outside?
56. How do you feel when you see a rainbow?
Well, I think they're pretty and they give me a smile
57. Have you ever dreamt a dream that came true?
No, but my Grandmother and my friend Amber have and I lived them
58. Have you ever been to a psychic/tarot reader?
Yes, both. A tarot reader in NOLA and a psychic here in Houston. The psychic was pretty accurate but the tarot reader was not.
59. What is your idea of paradise?
somewhere with lots of great adventures and no grief
60. Do you believe in god and if so what is he/she/it like?
I believe in an interconnectedness and a force of pure love. I believe we come from this force and return to it when our bodies die.
61. Do you believe in Hell?
62. What one thing have you done that most people haven't?
drank cobra venom
63. What is the kindest thing you have ever done?
little things here and there
64. Are you a patient person?
With bad things yes. With waiting for good things, NO.
65. What holiday should exist but doesn't?
Second Halloween, Try Something New Day
66. What holiday shouldn't exist but does?
67. What's the best joke you ever heard?
Why didn't the melons get married? Because they cantaloupe.
68. Where is the most fun place you have EVER been?
Hannah Barbara Land
69. Is your hair natural or dyed?
70. Do you have any deep dark secrets or are you pretty much up front?
I'm mostly very up front but everyone has a few secrets
71. What is under your bed right now?
a bunch of junk and probably a cat
72. If you were in the Land of Oz would you want to live there or go home?
I don't want to permanently be anywhere. I want to be somewhere a little while and then move on to the next new place
73. If you drive do you frequently speed?
74. What is the world's best song to dance to?
Stanky Leg haha I don't know
75. What song was on the last time you danced with someone?
I danced with my daughter at the top of the stairs the other night for no reason
76. Do you prefer Disney or Warner Brothers?
77. What is the first animal you would run to see if you went to the zoo?
78. Would you consider yourself to be romantic?
79. If the earth stopped rotating would we all fly off?
80. What is the one thing that you love to do so much that you would make sacrifices to be able to do it?
Travel and bucket listing
81. If you (and everyone) had to lose one right or freedom, but you could pick which one everyone had to lose, what would you pick?
The right to sue anyone for any stupid useless reason
82. If you had to choose would you live on the equator or at the North Pole?
83. Would you rather give up listening to music or watching television?
84. What do you think makes someone a hero?
Putting themselves into harm for the greater good of others
85. What cartoon would you like to be a character in?
It's not a cartoon, but the Muppets
86. Name one thing that turns your stomach:
Seeing someone barf
87. What was the last thing you paid for?
88. Are you a coupon clipper?
89. Get anything good in the mail recently?
A french book
90. Which would you rather take as a gym class...dancing, sailing, karate, or bowling?
91. In Star Trek people 'beam' back and forth between different places. What this means is they stand in a little tube and their molecules are deconstructed and sent to another tube somewhere else where they are reassembled. Only problem is when the molecules are deconstructed the person is dead. When they are put back together it is only a clone that has all the dead person's memories. So...
Is the person who gets beamed the same person on both ends?
92. What insects are you afraid of?
93. If you could print any phrase on a T-shirt, what would it say?
Houston Bucket Lister
94. What's the most eccentric thing you have ever worn?
A bunch of gaudy wedding gowns during my modeling days
95. If you could pick one food that you could eat all you wanted but it would have no effect on how much you weigh, what food would it be?
beef jerky, peppermint ice cream and symphony bars
96. What are your parents interested in?
hating the President? I dunno.
97. Have you ever caught an insect and kept it as a pet?
I had pet flies when I was really little
Have you ever caught and tamed a wild animal?
I rehabbed an opossum once but we let it go. I didn't tame it.
98. What is more helpful to you, wishes or plans?
99. When do you feel your life energy the strongest?
When I'm somewhere I've never been before
100. You are spending the night alone in the woods and may bring only 3 items with you. What do you bring?
an air mattress, matches, fully charged iphone